Recycled Plastic Reinforcements
Meet WER standards in the most cost-effective way...a little extra profile cost provides a huge glass cost saving while still attaining 'A' Ratings and top 'u' ratings. Rigorous development trials and simulation reports were conducted before Synseal launched the Recycled Reinforcements range.
Advantages of Recycled Plastic Reinforcements
- Recycled Reinforcements replace the steel insert for spans up to 3 metres on our Legend 70, Synerjy and Shield profile systems. The inserts are made from 100% recycled Synseal waste PVCu or product that has returned from a certified supply chain.
- These inserts break up the inner chamber of the profile preventing heat loss and ensuring a more thermally efficient profile. With Synseal Thermal chambers the following are now achievable; •A+ rating on the BFRC Energy index •1.6W/m2K U-value or C rated to achieve new Build Regulations •1.3W/m2K U-value or lower for new build and social housing.
- The Recycled Reinforcments exceed BS6375-1:2009 requirements for wind resistance (1600Pa exposure category) meaning they provide not only thermal efficiency but also a cost effective alternative to steel reinforcement.
- Synseal innovation doesn’t stop here however, the new thermally chambered intermediate outer frames have also been launched to coincide with the the inserts. This now provides the most significant thermally efficient profile system on the market to date!
- Chambered frames comprise a traditional profile outer design with a 5 chamber web system internally. This web acts as thermal breaks, greatly reducing heat transfer from inside the room to outside. By breaking up the thermal flow in each chamber, heat loss is significantly reduced through the frames.
- By adding just a float glass outer pane an A rating can be achieved for the completed window, and as if this wasn’t enough of a benefit, the 5 chamber web system also provides extra rigidity and frame strength.